Tuesday, April 9, 2019

Things that make me sigh

Red rock vistas as I approach Sedona

A cat purring and rubbing against me after I've rubbed his chin

The first taste of a loose meat sandwich I've driven hours to get

The sight of yellow daffodils bringing remembrance of my mother

Reaching the top of the steep hill on a beautiful trail run or hike

The first insanely long hug at my annual Tai Chi retreat

The runners high I get after I've been out there for a long while

The New Mexico boarder as I drive West after being away

My bed when I'm tired and I've fought its beckoning too long

A warm cup of chai tea latte on a cold gray day

Seeing again my siblings, husband or son after time away from them

Figuring out the logistics of my next big adventure

Sort out a very complex puzzle and making it simple

No comments:

Post a Comment